Title V MCH Internship Program – Students
Title V MCH Internship Program
Information for Students
“Truly a phenomenal program and a fantastic opportunity. I am so lucky to have been able to participate in this program.”
– Title V MCH intern
In summer 2022, the National Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Workforce Development Center will support at least 10 teams of MCH students to participate in internships in state and territorial Title V programs.
What is Title V?
Title V agencies are funded through the Maternal and Child Health Block Grant and are typically located within state and territorial health departments. Title V refers to the state-federal partnership program that aims to “improve the health and well-being of women (particularly mothers) and children.” The aim of the Title V MCH Internship Program is to provide future MCH professionals with experience working in state and jurisdictional Title V agencies under the mentorship and guidance of Title V agency preceptors.
To learn more, click here.
Apply to the Title V MCH Internship Program
Please use the online student application to apply to the program (Qualtrics link).
Why should you apply to the Title V MCH Internship Program?
As a Title V MCH Intern, you will receive the following opportunities:
- Work on a project focused on improving the health of women, children, or families
- Learn about the MCH system of care in your assigned state or territory
- Network with leaders in the field of MCH and students from other MCH Training Programs
- Receive training in MCH systems, leadership, team-building, and mentoring
Who is eligible to apply?
- Students in one of the following MCH Training Programs:
- Centers of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health
- Maternal and Child Health Leadership, Education, and Advancement in Undergraduate Pathways (LEAP) Training Programs
- Maternal and Child Health Public Health Catalyst Programs
- Students who will enroll in the Fall 2022 semester
- Students who are U.S. citizens or U.S permanent residents
The 2022 Title V MCH Internship Program Information Session was held on Oct. 29, 2021.
2022 Internship Dates
The program will start June 6, 2022 and last 8-10 weeks. Students are expected to work full-time. The 2022 program may be in-person or virtual, depending on the needs of the agency and student.
The agency and student(s) can decide to flex the work schedule based on student and preceptor needs and preferences, as well as public health considerations.
The internship must end by August 12, 2022.
Housing and Stipend
If the internship is not virtual, student interns will be expected to secure their own housing and transportation. Student interns receive a stipend for their participation.
Student Presentations from the 2021 Summer Internships
Title V MCH Internship Projects
Please contact Gabriella Masini at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.